OK before I get lambasted for poor search skills, please let me apologize for wasting valuable list bandwidth. ;)

Found 1480 driver at versiontracker:
<http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/14662>

On Nov 24, 2004, at 5:03 PM, Peter Stein wrote:

I've done my best to answer this without bothering the list but...

I've received a cardbus Adaptec 1480A SlimSCSI pcmcia card and was hoping to integrate it into my Pismo (10.3.6, g3-500) for scanning, jaz drive, etc.

It reports itself upon insertion as an APA-1480 scsi host adaptor, allowing me to power off the card but otherwise the name is all I get. Under system profiler, the pc card specs show as TXN,PCI1211-00:

  Name: cardbus
  Type: cardbus
  Bus:  PCI
  Slot: PC Card
  Vendor ID:    0x104c
  Device ID:    0xac1e
  Revision ID:  0x0000

Does anyone have any familiarity with this particular scsi adaptor on mac os x? I fear it has no 'mac' support but it would figure that maybe a linux driver has been ported or someone has another way of enabling/using this device.