I have tried this. In Seattle the flux lines appear to be insufficiently
present to accomplish this "chicken saving" maneuver. It does not work on my
wallstreet. Not that I am not happy for you. Happy Thanksgiving, Y'all.

-----Original Message-----
From: G-Books [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Clark Martin
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 5:28 PM
To: G-Books
Subject: Re: Dead Wallstreet

At 4:18 PM -0700 11/24/04, Bob wrote:
>The National Enquirer reports at 4:30 PM -0800 11/23/04, Tom Peterson
wrote:
<SNIP>

I have a  Wallstreet with a 40Gb IBM/Hitachi drive installed and it
has the won't wake from sleep problem.  I use a simple fix.  I open
the lid and rotate the laptop about it's vertical axis while tapping
the shift key.  The magnet is just barely holding the lid sensor in
the closed state, changing the polarity of the Earth's magnetic field
is enough to clear the sensor.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA