In a message dated 11/22/2004 4:31:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>I need to know what the deal is here.  I'm getting bounce messages numbering
in the >dozens every day, and it's getting old.

Ditto. I have been getting DOZENS of them per list daily.

> If you'll look at my email, you'll notive I'm on AOL, so every message i
write on a LEM list >has to be done through AOL's webmail system, since AOL
won't support an older, text >only format which the LEM lists use.

Well, what I do is this: On Macs, I use AOL 5.0, which send them in the
proper format for the lists. On PCs. which I am on now, I use AOL 9.0, which
allows
you to select the entire text and change it to "Plain Text." You can also use
AOL versions earlier than 7.0 and it will send messages in the proper
format... I use 4.0 on one PC exclusively for talking to the list...

>Tis webmail is considerably slower than AOL itself is, so it takes a ecent
amount of time >to replyh to all of the bounce messages.
>so what's the deal here?  When will this problem be resolved?
>I know bouncing messages is a somewhat common thing with this mailing list,
but >seriously,  last week I got over 30 bounce messages in oneday.

I was deleting them by the bushel load(!) ; recently I stated responding to
them and sending them; I *think* they have subsided..

Craig W.
ATL, GA