On 30/11/04 14:00, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a Lombard.  I tried to put Panther on it and it didn't work.  Had a
> hunch I had some bad memory - or actually one of the chips that is recognized
> half size due to configuration.  Anyway ordered the right chip (low profile
> for
> lower slot) now have 64 meg (OEM) on top, and 256 on bottom and the system
> profiler sees both.  Now when I put the panther disk in it continually freezes
> on
> the first installer screen (see the outline of the screen but no type) and
> the computer is frozen - trackpad does work/clock not counting etc.) and can't
> go anyfarther.  Rebooted about two dozen times with no success - freezes at
> same point. I have 9.2.2 currently installed.  Any suggestions?  Option? - can
> put the bottom memory into the top slot and try with just that? or switch
> them?  I know OSX is finicky with memory.

Yes, OS X is very finicky with memory. Maybe due to virtual memory, I don't
know. Well, even though you had a new 256MB SODIMM with the correct specs, I
would still think that this is the problem.

Did you have any kind of peripheral connected to your Lombard? USB mouse,
printer? If so, you might want to try again without any connected
peripheral.

-Laurent.