> If you press "C" at boot time and the PowerBook doesn't boot from the CD, it
> can only be one of three things: the CD is bad, the CD-ROM drive is bad or
> an OpenFirmware password was set.

Thanks Laurent,

I have tried my another 8.6 CD that I used for my faithful and heavy G3
beige...also I tried to boot the 8.5 that came with the beige... still
defauts to 9.2

Like I said I have used the CD-ROM to load the Latin Vocab drill
program...doesn't that mean it is working?

so does this leave that thats still something with the OpenFirmware
password, and isn't that what John was advising?

if not how can I find out what the password might be?

I still have contact with the seller, who has been helpful, I just didn't
want to bother him to much...i do have the option of returning the Lombard
within 30 days, but I really wanted it.

Kristina