At 3:30 PM -0500 12/9/04, G-Books wrote:
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 12:26:51 +0000
From: Luis Sequeira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: All in one printer for Pismo?

Hi, Craig!

My son is using a HP PSC 1315, with his Sony Vaio, and is very
satisfied with it. It is a printer/scanner/copier. Very economically
priced. $100 @ Best Buy
So I bought one today, and will install the needed software and check
how will it works on my Pismo/512 Mb/OS X.3.6.
Will keep you posted.  :-)

Beware that HP all-in-ones usually have poorly designed mac os x drivers. When they work, they're great, but in my experience the communication between the software and the printer completely breaks down if you do either of the following: 1) put the mac to sleep 2) use fast user switching (available only in Panther, of course) There is a known workaround that basically consists of killing the "hp communications" process, but it is a PITA anyway (have to open Activity Monitor, since it is a background process with no Dock icon) and does not solve problem 2 (only a restart seems to solve that).

Luis Sequeira
(owner of a psc 750 and helper of owner of Officejet g85)

As I never put my Pismo to sleep, I didn't knew about that bug.
So I experimented, and no, is not true.
I put my Pismo to sleep, I waited 5 minutes, opened the lid, the Pismo woke up, and the printer was there, working fine.
I'm using OS X.3.6, I didn't check it in OS 9.
Of course, YMMV.
Best regards.
Hugo Diaz
macnifico at spymac.

--
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter is that his name wasn't Henry Porter.