Hi all. I'm noticing the lombard I recently acquired is having quite a bit
of trouble playing diablo II in that there are frequent and significant
pauses in the game, esp when the action gets more intense. Since my machine
is well above the stated hardware requirements for the game I am wondering
whether there may be some other problem. I especially notice clicks from
the hard drive periodically that don't sound completely healthy.

The machine is a 333mhz with 128mb ram running OS 9.1, and I assume, the
original 24x? cd-rom.  I have virtual mem on for a total of 256mb ram, and
have also increased memory allotted to the game itself- with no noticable
improvement in performance. The 4gb hd is about half full.

In contrast, my B&W desktop with 400mhz and 512 ram plays the same game
with nary a problem.

Any ideas where the bottleneck could be? Should I invest in more ram for
this machine, or would it make little difference?

Thanks for any suggestions.

bill

__
[EMAIL PROTECTED]