One solution that I've found that works fairly well, but this is not really what you are asking, is to use the iDisk that comes with a .Mac account. You can access your iDisk from ANYWHERE from a Mac or PC. Having those files uploaded to your iDisk makes them accessible from anywhere at any time.
What you're asking about though can be done with some of the IP forwarding thingies available from various companies that basically will point to your current IP address even if it changes. I don't know much about that sort of thing. I am doubtful about how secure they are and have never tried it. But, I can vouch for iDisk!
It's great along with all of the things that you get with a .Mac account, it's well worth the $99/year.
Tim