I think the original OS X installation had to have OS 9 drivers installed. Without the drivers, OS 9 can't be installed.

Turtle-Bear

On Dec 13, 2004, at 7:19 AM, gladys pérez-almiroty wrote:

is there a way o install os 9 into a drive that already has x installed w/out erasing the content of the drive? my pismo doesn't have classic i and i would like to install it there in the off chance that i might need it sometime.