On 12/18/04 10:36 AM, "Frank P. Eigler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Spew into the
Cybertrough:

> Neither had I. I was pretty surprised - more so when the shop (that
> sold it to me) also told me that I couldn't purchase *their* extended
> warranty for the same reason.
>
> I was certainly led to believe it's an "industry norm". Kyle??

I have never heard of it before.  I have been doing this for 8 years now.
If someone tried to tell me I had 11 months coverage on my one year warranty
I would have a cow on them.

There are 2 dates considered.  The real purchase date, that you have a
receipt (POP) for, and Apple's *estimated* purchase date.  The estimated
purchase date is used if you can't find your POP and you never registered
your machine. When you register your machine it takes the registration date
and inserts it into GSX (the system we use to track repairs and order parts
etc.).

Kyle H. Hansen
--
Jesus Saves...but Gretzky grabs the rebound and backhands for a goal!!!