I have used a Logitech KB/Mouse combo (and separately) with no problems, also have hooked up a USB Wacom Tablet on occassion works just fine.

Go to an Office/Electronics Mega store (if possible) and try a few out. Everybody has a different preference for feel and response. I have been happy with Logitech and Microsoft products.

I dislike the feel of the Apple keyboard that came with my new iMac so the KB and mouse never make it out of the box for long.

The folks at work love the Apple mouse and can't understand how I could use a Multi-button mouse or a Trackman.

Regards,
mark