Yeah that kills my idea. Oh well, with the prices the way they are I will probably just sell the iBook on ebay where I got it and get a G4.

On Dec 19, 2004, at 8:15 PM, Bruce Johnson wrote:

On Sunday, December 19, 2004, at 05:30 PM, Timothy Domst wrote:

I'm with you but the thing is first, I need to know for SURE if the density of the 2100 SODimm's modules is too high, and second the form factor or number of pins/connections and shape might be different. I know that when I put a 133 Mhz stick in my old Ruby iMac it worked fine, even though the iMac ran at 100 Mhz, and I am hoping that this would be the same kind of situation. The 1Gb sticks seem to be cheap for the undoubtedly big boost they would give to my aging iBook, but I don't want to spend $250 and find out it won't work.

In your case, you're talking about two different kinds of RAM; 512 meg seems to be the largest 144 pin SODIMM available for the G3 iBooks.

The G4's take PC2100 ddr SODIMMS, which are 200 pins, so it wouldn't even fit. The difference between the PC100 SDRAM and PC133 SDRAM you used in your iMac was a matter of speed specification for the same type of RAM.

--
"Wherever you go, there you are." - B. Banzai, Ph.D.
Bruce Johnson

Small Dog Electronics http://www.smalldog.com | Refurbished Drives |
-- Check our web site for refurbished PowerBooks | & CDRWs on Sale! |