Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 14:26:44 -0500
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: DHCP connection

At 07:47 AM -0800 12/20/2004, CR wrote:
WiFi tower located line-of-sight atop the prominent mountain in the county.
We have a simple flat antenna with a coax cable to a DC power adapter and then
to a Linksky router. From there we had wires running to separate PBs
but the mice got to those cables
so now one wire to a hub where we split to two PBs.

I can connect with my 3400 and 5300 just fine.
But replace my 3400 with the G4 and I get the symptoms as described,
 >ie DHCP connects incompletely.

See my first reply first. Then...

Dan, I'm sorry to say that I'm not sure I saw your first reply. Someone suggested turning off he IPv6 addressing, which I did to no avail.

Your failure has NOTHING to do with the WiFi service.

I'm glad to hear that.

This is between your LinkSys NAT Router and your PowerBook. To help you, we're going to need more details about them. IOW, specific OS versions, control panel settings, etc.

OS X on G4 PowerBook Built-in Ethernet TCP/IP Using DHCP DNS Serviers 206.13.28.12, 206.13.31.12 IPv6 Automatic or Off

This machine connects fine on my "work" network.

Curiously, I'm trying to get a Wallstreet up and running
have been corresponding on the "Wallstreet Dead" or "Not-so-dead" threads.
Today I got 9.1 installed and when I tried connecting to Internet on
the "work" network I had similar results only this time DHCP connected
thoroughly but browsers and e-mail clients did not connect.

Thank you for all your help.
Cliff

These are settings and numbers that work on the 3400 & OS9.1

- Dan.