From: G-Books [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dylan Moore
Sent: Friday, December 31, 2004 1:02 PM
To: G-Books
Subject: Less is more- a little story (Gather 'round!)

Hey all,

My bronze Gbook and I-- You couldn't separate us, and I just flat out
loved that machine. All it took was some terrible circumstances and a
shady motherfucker like my ex-roomate's boyfriend, and that was the end
of the romance. Several days later, I had to watch as lombard parts
went up on ebay from some undisclosed place in jersey, painfully aware,
but unable to prove, that they were probably the remnants of my
computer. (Nothing that was sold could be tracked back to mine, but  I
knew the guy lived in jersey.  My keyboard was partly broken, and the
only part not listed was --drum roll--- the keyboard. Bastard.)

So, friendly reminder from an ex-owner of the world's best laptop-
watch your stuff, don't even think for a SECOND to let it out of your
sight. It WILL walk.

Since then, I bought a 12" ibook.  Yeah, it rocks and it was really
cheap (799), but I miss those sexy curves and jaw-dropping matte black
case. I took so much pride in having the last version of an apple
laptop with the upside-down illuminated apple-- just seeing the right
side up one on my ibook is a constant sore reminder.

Someday when I'm not a poor college kid, I'm going to buy one for
myself again. Its up to you guys to keep them in good shape, so when
you're ready to move on to a G5 'book, I'll be ready with a loving
home.

Take care,
-dylan