On 2 Jan 2005, at 13:59, Clark Martin wrote:

At 8:13 AM -0600 1/2/05, James Sanderson wrote:
Here is something I have discovered and would never have thought to do so! I have, as I have mentioned, a WS I/ 233/288. I had a couple of familiar problems with it: not waking from sleep and the random but annoying video white out. I assumed that the issue was a PMU that needed replacing and/or a bad inverter. However, I proceeded to install Panther using XPF because I am both foolhardy and intrepid. (In keeping with the season) Lo! the issue resolved itself! I have had the machine on Panther for 36 hours, turning it off and on a couple of times. I have put the computer to sleep and been able to awaken it without a hitch. I would never have thought that the these two issues would be resolved by using an OS that is not intended for the machine! There is a God after all! Miracles DO happen!.

... it could simply be a fluke.

Now that is a positive thought!

But it is strange how an unsupported Mac would have a number of 'small' issues fixed by an OS upgrade. Kyle, what do you think?

A. M. G. D.