On thing about the script menu is that by  default (it is activated from the
Applescipt folder in Applications) it has lots of Applescript aliases in it.
I don't use any of them, so I just emptied the whole contents allowing me to
use this as my own Apple menu.

Also, it looks kind of strange with certain programs (Office), which have
their "script" menus.  Right now I have Entourage open, so right after the
help menu is a script menu, then a little over an inch away is my script
menu, both of which have the same icon, but very different contents.

Andrew