On Mon, 3 Jan 2005, Andrew F. wrote:

> Iphoto, at least in the current version, makes all kinds of folders within
> folders that appear to have nothing to do with organizing pictures.  There
> are folders for thumbs, and cryptic names to these folders and the folders
> inside them.  I used it for a while last year (I have only been in OSX for
> about a year) and after having to open every single folder under pictures to
> find my photos, such as my old "2002 - January" folder, which had changed
> and scattered photos that used to (in Windows) be organized the way I wanted
> them organized.
[snip]

I'd have to assume that you have need to work on photos *outside* of
iPhoto? Otherwise, create your organization scheme *within* the program
(left-hand pane; similar to playlists in iTunes) and all should be well.
If you *on occasion* need to use a pic outside the program, just export
it.

If you need to work a lot outside the program, use something else (graphic
converter, for example). It'll let you organize outside the program to
your heart's content, then treat you to unrestricted browsing within.

--
Non Illegitimi Carborundum