On 1/5/05 5:29 AM, "goodidea" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I would like to upgrade the hard disk on my keylime clamshell, G3
> 466mhz model.
> This is a tricky operation and any advise is welcome from someone who
> has done this before. First question I have is: where do I find a 40Gb
> disk and which one should I get?

http://caslis.com/mac/ibook/ibdrive.html is the website I used as a
reference when I rescued a friend several years ago and did a recent
upgrade. For someone used to opening up computers the job isn't too bad but
mating the top and bottom of the case is a bit harrowing. It requires just a
tad more force than your mind thinks is safe.

If you have access to another computer, I recommend that at each step you
take a digital photo of what it looks like and what pieces you just removed.
Believe me, when you start putting stuff back together your memory of what
goes where and how it goes together will not match what you are looking at!
If you don't have a camera that sketch it out. I generally use little dixie
cups to hold the screws - there are about 50 million of them all the size of
a grain of rice.

david