On Jan 6, 2005, MTH <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From: MTH <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Uninstalling application
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 21:35:06 -0600

On Jan 6, 2005, at 9:10 PM, Pauline Turtle-Bear
Guillermo wrote:

> On Jan 5, 2005, at 5:22 PM, Frank P. Eigler wrote:
>
>>> Leave Visible and Invisible in the search window
all the time, to
>>> cover all
>>> the OS X items that are invisible in the Finder,
unless you use
>>> Tinker Tool
>>> or Cocktail or similar to show Invisible Items.
>>
>> This was to be my response as well, but it'll still
leave files
behind
>> that belong to the app, but don't share its entire
name.

> Yep - only way to do it on your own - root around
with searches and
> then delete. I really don't worry too much about
stuff left behind by
> apps unless there is a possibility of large caches
somewhere.

> I DO like apps that come with their own
uninstallers!

> Has any body used CleanSweep by Allume (formerly
Aladdin)?

> Turtle-Bear

Deleting an App doesn't require a lot of rooting
around, all you have
to do is hit Cmd-f, enter the name of the app you want
deleted, then
Cmd-delete every file associated with the app on the
list. Application
gone.

Try that w/ an app. like Adobe Photoshop 7.0.
problems If the full app. name is searched,:
 #1 only Adobe Photoshop 7.0 is found. Numerous other
large files and folders wil remain. e.g. Adobe®
Photoshop® 7.0.1 Updater, Photoshop Elements Tryout
(100MB), etc.
#2 Photoshop files used by other app.s will be lost.
i.e. we need a way to sort out files used by app.s
other than that trashed.
#3 many files installed by many app.s have no direct,
obvious name related identification.
etc,,
Deleting based on name search can involve a lot of
rooting around.

Don

Is there an easy, clear way to reply to individual
letters in the combined mailings?