> I know that this list is for PowerBooks but I didn't get any response
> on the iMac list, so I'm hoping that someone here might be able to
> help.
>
> I came home Thursday night and went to check my mail, do some Quicken
> stuff, and so forth. However, I have a MAJOR problem with my G4 iMac,
> 10.3.7. Just about every third party program crashes on launch and
> generates an error message that have the following in common:
> something about a shared library error and the a string that looks
> like this: "<...><CarbonLib><CFMPriv_QD><>"  Where the ellipses (...)
> are in the example, the text varies. The iMac worked fine Thursday
> morning.
>
> Any ideas as to what is causing this? I've repaired permissions, ran
> the cron scripts. I also tried it on a test admin account with the
> same errors. My next idea was to re-run the 10.3.7 update, or, maybe
> better, do an Archive & Install of 10.3 and then just update to 10.3.6

3 things to try:
1. download the combo update for 10.3.7 and reinstall

2. run fsck from the startup
    details here:  <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106214>

3. use the install CD, don¹t install.
    select disk utility from the pull-down menu
    run repair disk from the application
    run repair permissions after disk repair done.

John

--

People say that hard work never killed anybody, but did you ever know
anybody who rested to death?