Yes you should be able to, I have burnt some +R discs and they are
readable on my iBook.

*However*, not all +R discs may work, a +R disc is apparently readable
in 80% of dvd drives whilst -R is readable in drives.

The general rule of thumb is that recent computers should be able to
read pretty much any format, but if one doesn't work try different a
brand of +R discs is the first brand doesn't work.

Hope this helps