On 11 Jan 2005, at 07:43, Bruce Johnson wrote:

Look at the voltage rating on the power supply. I'm pretty certain that all of Apple's powerbook supplied have been world-compatible for many years, way predating the Yo-yo style.

Yup, all Apple laptop power supplies have worked with every major domestic mains electricity standard in the world since at least 1995. All you need is the right adapter plug (European to US). These should be available at any airport and most Radio Shack-like chains for no more than $10.

Cheers,
Ben