on 11/01/05 08:30, Marcin Wichary at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>       I've noticed a certain amount of dust, crumbs etc. in the
> "grilles" on the left and right sides of the keyboard on my 15" AlBook.
> What would be a good way to clean those? I am somewhat hesitant to use
> a compressed air, as I have no idea what's beneath... Any ideas would
> be appreciated.

Yeah, this has been bugging me as well on my 17. I found out a cleaner
called "Omnicleanz", which apparently act on the molecular level, doesn't
contain any alcohol, ammonia, detergent, acetone and other harmful stuff.
They recommend using it on the screen, the case, the keyboard. They say it
is nonconductive so it doesn't matter if it reaches circuits. So, what I'm
now doing, since I'm not sure about what's underneath the grille (I know
that the speakers are there), is to vaporize a larger than usual amount of
cleaner directly on the grille. I then wipe it out with their special
clothe. It doesn't do a perfect job but it helps dissolve those particles
lodged in the grille. No ill effect after over a month of use...

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Blue Screen of Death n.: [common] This term is closely related to the older
Black Screen of Death but much more common (many non-hackers have picked it
up). Due to the extreme fragility and bugginess of Microsoft Windows,
misbehaving applications can readily crash the OS (and the OS sometimes
crashes itself spontaneously). The Blue Screen of Death, sometimes decorated
with hex error codes, is what you get when this happens. (Commonly
abbreviated BSOD.)