In the same vein:

I have installed USB card support on my (cardbus enabled) 2400c running OS 9.1 in order to get USB capabilities through a MacAlly USB cardbus card. On startup, I do see that USB has been installed, the USB card shows up on the desktop, however, I also get the following message: "The USB support extension is currently disabled." Does anybody have an idea as to how to I enable this extension (I've tried the suggestions outlined below).

Thanks,
Peter

Op 12-jan-05 om 0:19 heeft John.E.Abraham het volgende geschreven:

Hi Nils

There is a known extensions problem with OS 9.2.2 you will have to use an
earlier set of extensions.

Go to: http://www.macintouch.com/mos9usb.html and read the info on that page

Then go to : http://eshop.macsales.com/tech/ftp/usb/usbextensions.sit then download these
and in stall and you will find they will work.

I use a Belkin USB 2 card in the same model that you have. I have upgraded it with 512 Mb ram,
40 Gb HD and installed OS 10 and it works ok plus no messing about with extensions with this card.

To cover myself I loaded the new extensions on to a floppy then in to a folder on the desktop.
I Then copied the old extensions in to a new folder on the floppy. I then had a copy of both
sets of extensions on a floppy just in case of problems. I suggest you do the same in case of mistakes.

I then copied the new ones in to the extensions folder rebooted and haypresto the problem was solved.

John Abraham.  UK.