hey guys my daughter and I have older powerbooks and
were wondering since we do not have usb 2.0, can we
still use the new shuffle or would it be too slow in
just regular usb or do we get a adapter or what?

 thanks in advance
TmB

I've tried twice to send this, and it bounced. I was cutting/pasting info from Apple's website, and the font/size/color were different, so that probably caused the bounce. So I'll just give general info here.

Go to apple.com. Click on the iPod Shuffle graphic. Close to the bottom of that page, you'll see a paragraph titled, "Plug-and-Playlists." That will answer your question. There's a footnote with it as well.

Back to the top of that page: In the green field, click "Tech Specs." That will give additional info as well.

Hope that helps,
Claire