Hi,

  After spending most of the very early morning hours playing with
accounts and privileges, It seems that my finder is back home. I
followed what Laurent and a few others advised, and things seem to be
going well so far. I documented everything I did, but I'm not sure what
exactly did the trick. My Jaguar and Classic hard drive icons appear on
my desktop, but there are two other folders that were on my desktop that
have not appeared yet. Thankfully most of my important files were backed
up, but I think backing up will be done religiously and more often :-)

Should I eliminate my new account that was created during this issue, or
should I just leave it ? What can I do to reduce the chances of this
happening again?

Thanks for your time and patience.