Once upon a time (Thu Jan 13), sacredsystem wrote:
> Thus spoke Laurent Daudelin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>1/13/05

>> Have you tried to rename the "Library" folder in your regular
>> account, logoff and then log back in? What happens then?

> Rename? How? Get info from the file? If that is the way, when I do
> my finder blinks and disappears for a second.

Despite the GUI (and some other funkiness), MacOSX is Unix underneath,
and sometimes these problems are easier to fix when you think in Unix
rather than Mac.

So, if you have a second account with administrative privileges, log
into it. If you don't, create one and log into it. Get a Terminal up
(Applications/Utilities/Terminal).

Say your username is fubar: substitute fubar with your real user
name. At the prompt type each of these lines separately, pressing
Return at the end:

        sudo su - fubar
        mv -i Library oldLibrary
        exit
        exit

The -i option to mv is to make sure it will ask you before doing
anything destructively.

Next, log out of the administrative account, and log back into
yours. The system will recreate a nice fresh Library directory for
you. If that fixes your problem, then you can move things from your
oldLibrary directory into the freshly created Library directory as
needed. Or, just live with the new one.

If it does not fix the problem, and you want to go back to the way
things were, log out and log in as that other user again, and type
in the Terminal:

        sudo su - fubar
        mv -i Library freshLibrary
        mv -i oldLibrary Library
        exit
        exit

You can delete the freshLibrary directory later if you wish.

Larry
--
Lawrence Weeks                                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Anabasis Consulting Ltd