On 14/01/05 14:33, "Larry le Mac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> From: Laurent Daudelin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>> ADSL-router-iBook-router-server
>
> Bummer!!
>
> But I suppose most Carracho servers produce an average
> transfer of 20-50KB/s, there isn't much of a problem on the
> 54MB/s line is there ?!?

Not really. Remember that, in order for you to be able to download a file
from the Internet on your iBook and put it on your server, you need to have
one of your server's volume mounted on your iBook (that means file sharing).
So, basically, the file gets from the Internet through ADSL, then through
the router, then your iBook, then through the router again to finally end on
your server...

BTW, I even think that 20-50KB/s on Caracho is very optimistic!

-Laurent.