> >Key question:  Is your 17" TFT's (or any other monitor
> >you may eventually want on your iBook) native screen
> >resolution higher than your proposed iBook's?  You
> >can't drive an external monitor of any sort at a
> >higher resolution than what the iBook is capable of
> >displaying on its own screen, and it can only be a
> >mirror of your Ibook's screen, if I remember
> >correctly.
>
> There is Screen Spanning Doctor v0.3.2 which solves this,
> but I am trying to get a bigger picture, so to speak...

Yes, the Screen Spaning Doctor work works perfectly with the
iBooks....it can even drive the external monitor at higher resolutions
than the internal LCD will allow. I ran my 1GHz book on a spanned
monitor at 1600x1200 flawlessly.

Makes me happy that I saved money buying an iBook instead of a powerbook!