Yes, this is the same 2000 vintage Pismo I've been writing about for the last couple months... Initial symptoms were freezes and eventually wouldn't boot at all. After replacing the hard drive and a fresh install of OSs 9.1 and 10.2 it was working better. In fact at times it would go for a few hours without freezing. But the freezes are back, even after I took out the processor card and reseated it. I did note some dirtyness where the processor contacts the heat sink though, and like another listmember's my case is also mysteriously cracked.

        Any suggestions?

                thanks,

                        Dyna