Yesterday I tried to watch the MacWorld keynote address on my 1.5 GHz
PowerBook with 2 GB RAM.  It seems that I have the hardware for it
anyway.  We have DSL.  It interrupted and quit so many times in the
first 20 minutes that I watched it on my son's 2-year old PC instead
(with XP Professional), where it had to rebuffer (I think I spelled
that right) only twice, and then started right back up.  His computer
was using Quicktime as well.  In trying to console me, my son suggested
that I had probably tried to watch the keynote when a million other
people were also trying to log on.

This type of trouble occasionally happens to me, and my son's computer
seems to not have this trouble.  I do not have Quicktime Pro, although
I'm asked if I want to upgrade each time it opens.  Is that my problem?
  Any suggestions?  Any buttons I need to click?

Thanks,
Claire

You definitely have more than adequate hardware for that :-)
I would check the Quicktime preferences, especially regarding the "connection speed" (make sure it's coherent with your dsl connection) and transport setup (make that "use this protocol" and then choose HTTP and port 80).
In my experience, these have been able to solve nearly all streaming quicktime problems.

Luis Sequeira