--- Timothy Domst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Whenever you use a browser you need a DNS address,
   My suspicion is that you didn't put
> one in there;
>
> On Jan 16, 2005, at 9:09 PM, PETE wrote:
>
> >  Hi listers,
> >     I need your help
> >   I noticed that my road worrior, powerbook
> > g3/300/384/OS 9.2.2, was running slowly and
> freezing
> > for periods of about a minute or more - sometimes
> > less. To say the least it was very frustrating.So
> > had this bright idea (it seemed bright at the
> time)
> > why not reinstall 9.2.2. So I did a clean install.
> Now
> > I can't log on to the net using either netscape
> 7.02,
> > 4.76, 4.79 or IE 5.1.7. The strange thing is that
> the
> > remote access connects without any problems. It's
> the
> > browsers that do not connect. Okay you bright
> people
> > out there surely one of you must know whats going
> on.
> > This is my road worrior and I hate to be only
> logged
> > on when I'm home.
> > TIA,
> > Pete.
  Thanks Timothy. I did not even think about that
because in the past all the numbers were not affected
whenever I upgraded an OS - I upgraded the same
powerbook months ago from OS 8.6 to OS 9.2.2 (from a
quicksilver CD) and this did not happen. Anyway all's
well now.
Pete.