For a mail reader, I have used Eudora Pro (with ads) the past few
years. I don't know if I should go for that on the new iBook. Can I
import the mailboxes, address book etc. from the sys 9.2 PB to the
new one?  What do you guys use, and what do you think is the
advantages with it. Whatever I use has to have simple filter options,
possibility for multiple accounts, search possibilities etc.

It is extremely simple to move Eudora from one system to the other.
In Mac OS 9, you have your Eudora Folder, which sits inside your System Folder.
Since Mac OS X is a multi-user OS, each user gets his own Eudora Folder, which should be inside the user's Documents folder.
You just have to install Eudora and copy your Eudora Folder to its destination. All messages, mailboxes, signatures, etc will be there. Painless.
I have been using Eudora since at least version 3.1 (maybe earlier), on System 7.5, and still have all my mail, copying from one mac to another (currently running 10.3.7 on my TiBook).

Luís Sequeira