At 3:24 PM +0100 1/18/05, Dijkwel wrote:
I've equipped my trusty 2400/180/80/6G/9.1with a Dell TrueMobile 802.11b wireless card. After letting the Orinoco installer do its thing, the card is recognized as a Gold card and the signal from my Airport Extreme base station is picked up, nice and strong.
Unfortunately, however, that's where I was and still am: I haven't been able to go on the net. Any time I configure TCP/IP (either through DHCP or manually), after an attempt to connect, I find the settings changed: it looks as though the book itself puts in some weird IP address, subnet mask and router address.
Any idea what should be done to overcome this problem?

Does the IP address start with 169? 169.?.x.x is a self assigned address that is used to automatically connect machine when no infrastructure is available. It means that your machine is unable to access the DHCP server.

It should not be changing a manually set address
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA
Macintosh / Internet Consulting