On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 at 08:56:06 CHARLES RICHARDS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote,

Good morning all. I used the old paperclip method and opened the CD
drive and inserted the Restore CD and hit the power key and the system
booted up to OS9. The battery shows one light and so I tried to boot up
from the internal HD which has OS 10.3.6 . I get the big apple no
spinning wheel and it just hangs with the big apple showing.
I get the usual start up sound as well.
After waiting 5min or so, I give up and press the power
key+apple+control to restart holding down the "C" key to start again
from the Restore CD and it will do this. How frustrating. Any
suggestions any one?

I had a somewhat similar problem. I tried all of the suggestions from the Apple Support site, but finally solved it almost by accident.

I tried to start up with the OS 9 disk, but no luck using the "C" key. So I tried a couple of times by starting up using the Option key in order to select the CD as the startup disk but I could not get it to show. Finally I just clicked on the OS 10.3.7 icon and then the box with the right arrow in it. It started right up. I then went to the startup disk system preference and selected OS X.

This is a shot in the dark, but can't see that it would hurt to try...

Good Luck,

Dan-