On 1/19/05 1:49 PM, "Larry le Mac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> From: Amber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>> I know Larry really wants the PB and it does appear to be a good
>> deal but with the impact, there could be all sorts of hidden costs
>> down the road
>
> But how ?
>
> Both the complete mobo and the SuperDrive was replaced after...
>

> Larry

Larry,

I am basing my cautions on the experiences my friends had with damaged
laptops.  Initially these computers seemed to be working but within months,
both ended up with serious and very costly repairs.

However, it appears that you are comfortable with the Superdrive, and mboard
replacement replacement so perhaps you should go ahead and buy the PB.   I
hope it works out to be a good investment for you.

Amber