Hi John:

Thanks for that information. It is a good bet that it is a simple lack of system maintenance, as you pointed out. We will see if that does the trick! I don't do maintenance on his machine, because it is a University machine. And he would not be doing maintenance on his machine because he is one of those people who just expects the machine to function. I am not yet very experienced with OS X because I am still running 9.2.2 on my Pismo, and until such time as I find employment that will continue to be the case. Besides, if I understand correctly, once I migrate to OS X--though it is a wonderful OS--there will be no more printing to the NeXT Laser Printer. (I still maintain that my NeXT machines are not paperweights.)

--
Regards,

Dante McLean Dante McLean Photography [EMAIL PROTECTED] --> NeXTmail soon to be welcome!

DS16 #19
"A Humming Bird"
Christian Island, Ontario
N44° 51.472'  W080° 12.349'

"If you can't get your work done in the first 24 hours, work nights."