on 22/01/05 12:42, Steve Fuller at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I've had good like with my Canon CanoScan LIDE 30. It uses USB. I've
> been happy with it for the amount of scanning that I do. It works fine
> with Photoshop under OS X.
>
> Steve
>
> On Jan 22, 2005, at 10:38 AM, Kevin Smith (ae) wrote:
>
>> I'm starting to look for a scanner to use with my PowerBook 17 running
>> OS X
>> 10.3.7. Microtek is ruled out. I had previous bad experience with them,
>> mostly lack of support. I was thinking about HP and maybe Canon. Any
>> good
>> recommendation for a scanner supported under OS X? USB 2.0 or FireWire.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> -Laurent
>>
>> I set up  Canon pair for my nephew comprising a 9900f scanner and an
>> i9900
>> printer. They use the FireWire 400 and 800 and are hung of a Powerbook
>> 17
>> incher. This is the 1.33 superdrive model and he's been well pleased
>> with
>> the performance and output from these units, (and I found the set-up a
>> cinch)
>> Cheers Kevin.

I just bought a CanoScan LiDE 80 for $75, shipping included, from Buy.com.
Thanks for the suggestions, folks!

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

fish n.: [Adelaide University, Australia] 1. Another metasyntactic variable.
See foo. Derived originally from the Monty Python skit in the middle of "The
Meaning of Life" entitled "Find the Fish". 2. A pun for `microfiche'. A
microfiche file cabinet may be referred to as a `fish tank'.