I'm glad for the what to do answers, but I'd like to understand why it does this? Is something wearing out? Did the shutdown go wrong?

Clark Martin wrote:

At 8:01 PM +1100 1/22/05, kaldav wrote:

Hello,
Could someone please explain what might be wrong with a Wallstreet. It is turned off, the AC is plugged in, and the green light at the hinge stays on, not blinking as it would do in sleep.

Green Light of Death (GLOD)

Unplug the AC Adapter, remove the battery(ies) then hit the power button, the green light should go out. Now plug in the adapter, wait a few seconds then hit the power button. If it starts okay then put the battery(ies) back in.