-----Original Message-----
From: G-Books [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dylan
Moore
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2005 00:34
To: G-Books
Subject: sticky keyboard

Hey, just to add to what laurent has said--
I would strongly advise AGAINST the use of soap- and just use water.
why?
If i remember correctly, most of the parts in the ibook were actually
water-washed after the soldiering phase (and before the addition of
microchips) because of flux residue.
Soap may be too abrasive, but water will probably not hurt the
keyboard. If you do any light "scrubbing" (and I suggest not, just
repeatedly dipping, soaking,
or a light rub) it may lift the vitals off the board. I'd give it a try

though. Oh, and DEFINITELY wait for it to be entirely dry, laurent was
quite right in suggesting
2 to 3 days. If you've GOT to have it faster, try a fan. (NO HAIR
DRYERS!)

I apologize for not replying to this sooner but I am have just been
catching up on my email from last week.  I would definitely recommend
isopropyl alcohol over water.  It will do a better job removing the soda
and will dry faster and cleaner than water.  If you do use water I
strongly suggest that you get distilled water as tap water will leave
more of a residue behind.