Amber,

Have you done the usual resets, PMU, PRAM, etc?

How much RAM does the PB have?

Has the Hard Drive recently become filled near full capacity?

Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:40:33 -0800
From: Amber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: what is wrong with this PB ????

Okay, I am hoping somebody here might be able to suggest a solution for me
regarding my 15" 1.25 Gig Al PB.

I bought it Dec 2003 so it is just over a year old. For the past couple of
weeks it has been a real pain in the neck to work on.

Safari will open but there will be no data at all in the window and no way
of typing in the website address in the bar. It just doesn't respond to
anything. I try to quit it and it will not quit. The blank window closes
but the triangle remains under the icon in the dock.

Photoshop works for awhile, then quits suddenly, as does the Epson scanner,
iTunes, Entourage, Roxio toast etc.

So I decide to get some recent, important data burnt to DVD for back up but
find that the Superdrive will not recognize any of the disks. Yes, they are
brand new, DVD-R disks. I tried more than 10 of them from 3 different
boxes. It cannot read the volume or whatever - I can't remember the error
message but it won't let me use any of them.

I have talked to Apple care after doing an archive and install (I did two
archives and installs - one with and one without preserving system
preferences). Also checked Disk Utility with the Install CD..it finds no
problems on the Mac HD. Neither does Diskwarrior.

Any suggestions would be VERY much appreciated.

Thanks,

Amber

Every time you make an ethical decision, offer your support, choose honesty, or lend a helping hand, you make a difference in the world.