Hi all,

I posted recently asking opinions of replacement batteries, and had a
couple of mails offlist asking me to report back on the outcome.

I went for the NewerTech 7200mAh battery (about $160 from OWC). I gave it
a (very unscientific) test yesterday; after calibrating as recommended,
it lasted about 4 hours. This was with the screen at one notch under
maximum brightness (it's over 4 years old now - needs all the help it can
get :), and with AirPort running. Obviously if I was running on battery
normally I'd be dimming the screen, which would make a big difference.

I must admit it doesn't seem that different from the life of the original
battery when new, but nostalgia could be getting the better of me.

One nice surprise was the speed of delivery: ordered from the UK Friday
lunchtime (local time), arrived Monday lunchtime :-)

TimH