Hey all, i got this message from my friend studying abroad, i think his backlight/inverter is dead, but what do you think?

I need to ask you a question. My computer is dead. it makes the diiinnnng
turning on sound, but the screen never lights up and the sleeping type of
light never comes on. power in Japan comes in 125v, so I thought that might
be a problem, but from what I can tell my adapter accepts anything from 100v
to 250v. right? I was wondering if your computer ever did what mine is doing.
it sucks. The battery is full.

talk to you soon

Clint

he's not very technologically savy, and i dont think he has apple care at this point. Any help in how to test or replace would be great.

thanks,
dylan

oh yeah, he has a 800mhz ibook g3, 14" screen, dunno ram or HD. this is from what i recall last time i saw his computer.