James Sanderson said:

>What would keep a WS from starting up with a fully charged battery?
>The battery indicates that it is fully charged.  The computer starts up
>just fine with the adaptor connected.  When the computer is on the
>indicator says that the battery is fully charged.  I have started the
>computer with the battery only before.  The PMU has been replaced; I
>know it works cause before I replaced it this battery that I have was
>discharged.  The charging unit (or whatever it's called) is also new to
>the computer.
>
>Suggestions please?

Unfortunately I have none, but I can share identical experiences with a
WS II/PDQ that I used to own. It wouldn't startup unless it had the
powercord plugged into the wall. Then it could stay up for 2 and half
hours or so. On the other hand it could be moved with no or empty battery
in to another outlet or let me change to a fresh battery, even in the
same bay, while in sleep.
I suppose something in the battery charge is too little to be able to
handle an increased request of power during the startup or there could be
a hardware setting somewhere that prevents startup without a powercord
plugged in. But I wouldn't count on that. Maybe others have better
suggestions.