"Larry le Mac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>As people have mentioned in our AirPort discussions, as well
>as the seller of my "new" TiBook (my second to date), the
>reception/transmission is not good, especially when one
>actually uses the computer (doh!) and covers the case with
>one's hands.
>
>What is the best option for wireless ?

Best _first_ thing is try your new TiBook's AirPort performance and
_then_ decide if it's inadequate. I've got one DVI 667 which had rather
poor AP reception, so I did this mod:
<http://mywebpages.comcast.net/macdan/ti_antennae.html> A second DVI 667
however seems to get much stronger signal. Internally, I can't see any
differences between the two, go figure..

You also asked about the choice between 12" AlBook and TiBook. Hah! Since
you have 'em both, just try 'em! I've got both TiBooks and 12" iBooks,
and while I like the handy-ness of the smaller formfactor, the 1024x
screen is just too small for my daily usage needs.

I trust you won't be shy about announcing the result of _your_ comparo.
:-)

dan k

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700