We all know that the Wallstreet can address only memory modules whose RAM chips have a density not higher than 128 Mbits.

So the only way to get a 256 MBytes module work on the WallStreet is to choose those with 16 chips: 128 megabits x 16 chips / 8 = 256 megabytes.

Well, I have a two spare 512 MByte module taken from dead G3 iBooks.

I had a distract look at them and discovered they have 16 chips: so it must be:

256 megabits x 16 / 8 = 512 megabytes.

So I put it into the bottom slot of my Wallstreet (With the 500 MHz BlueChip from PowerLogix), since they are 144 pins and the form factor is the same, and surprise!

The WallStreet, of course, addressed only 128 megabits for each chip but the results was:

128 megabits x 16 chips / 8 = 256 megabytes.

So now my WS had 512 MB.

The problem is that the system is now very unstable (either under OS9, VM on and off, or OS X 10.2.8), although it recognizes correctly the two 512 MB sticks as 256 MB.

The instability is related to the 512 MB SDR PC 133 (the 384 MB configuration with the original PC 100 sodimms works just fine) or to the top 512 MB that I have reached?

Ben