> Hello all,
>

> I recently posted a thread on this topic and didn't really get a
> response.  Safari STILL hangs on all secure servers.  It has gotten so
> bad, that I use IE for all secure transactions.  Sometimes it can take
> as long as 5 MINUTES just to load a secure page.  Is there a problem
> with Java?  Bad version of Safari?  Sites like Gmail won't even load,
> my bank website takes so long that sometimes the server times out.
> I've tried everything, re-installing Java, Safari and re-formatting my
> HDD.  I even installed 10.3 on my external LaCie HDD and after a while,
> the lagging started again!  I thought it might have been Airport, so I
> connected my Pismo to the ethernet and STILL no difference.
>
> Could this be one of the first signs of a G3 not being up to par for
> OS X?  My grandma has the 17" flat panel iMac with an 800Mhz G4, 256
> RAM and her software is up to date like my Pismo and while there is a
> slight hang, it's never longer than 10 seconds.
>
> At a lose here folks.  I love Safari and want to keep it as my default
> browser, but if Apple doesn't fix this problem I'm going to have to
> switch to either Opera or Netscape.  Thanks for any input.  My only
> other possibility is Earthlink, but talking to their customer service
> is like calling SBC.  My system:  Pismo G3/500, 1gig RAM.  All software
> up to date.
>

> Zoltan
> THE BLUETOOTH (and WiFi) MASTER

Three things to try:
Quit Safari every once in a while, the longer it runs the slower it gets.
Quitting and relaunching speeds things up.

Turn off auto-fill forms. Safari checks the auto-fill list for every site it
goes to.

Delete history and cache files from safari. Use one of the maintenance
/cleanup utilities like Cocktail ($) or Onyx (Free).

This should speed up Safari considerably.

John

--

People say that hard work never killed anybody, but did you ever know
anybody who rested to death?