OK, let try this again!
Sorry for the repost but I forgot to check my clock
after installing memory. Must have a bad Pram battery.

Willi

Theres a good chance that it's a bad board on the drive.
I've had great luck buying identical drives with known
good circuit boards, and swapping the boards on the drives.
Have done this 3 times now for friends with great success.
Might be the next step if none of the software solutions work.
Even if it doesn't work your only out a small amount and
you would still have a working drive by putting the second
one back together. That is if theres nothing in the original drives
mechanism that caused the failure in the first place. But thats unlikely.

Dean