Adrian Carter said:

>I sourced a pair of hinges and a replacement video cable at reasonable
>cost and set about replacing them. I was very careful in replacing the
>ribbon and the hinges (the ribbon is a fiddly job but I got it in place
>so it rested in the intended way). However when it came to booting up
>the machine the screen is still dead.
How did the hinges break?
Are you positive it's completely dead? If there's a faint picture when
you point a light source to the display, it could be the invertor cable
or the invertor card.
Are you positive the cables work? What have the seller said about the
known quality?
You could also look into the connector with a magnifying glass to see if
dirt or misaligned pins cause the contact to break. I had a very small
plastic piece break contact for a couple of pins in one of the WS/PDQ 266
connectors.