> I emailed the other day about my dead HD, which I sent off for data
> recovery. First, the data recovery guy said he could see the HD and sent it
> back to me, although I don't have it yet.
> Second, I put another working HD in the same computer and that one wasn't
> recognized, either, so the HD isn't the problem. Suggestions?

Sounds like either the ribbon cable for the drive is NG, loose or the CD
drive cable is loose causing data misreads, or the logic board is going.
Also a slim chance of faulty or loose ram chips.

As for the original data/drive: If you have access to a G3/G4 tower model
get yourself an adapter to connect the laptop drive to a standard 3.5 inch
hard drive. They're available for $10-15. I have one and I've used it quite
successfully for formatting and data transfers onto 2.5 inch drives.
Hopefully all the data is there unaltered.

John

--
Windows (WIHN-doze), n. - A 32-bit extension and graphical shell to a
16-bit patch to an 8-bit operating system originally coded for a 4-bit

A: Microsoft